Sonya is an attorney with the law firm of Gump & Faiella, LLC. Sonya focuses her practice on civil litigation including family law, personal injury and general civil practice. Sonya was admitted to practice law in 1993. Her past legal experience includes practicing law as a private attorney, as associate, and then acting general counsel for the Missouri Department of Corrections, and nine years as a municipal judge.
Sonya grew up in Carthage, Missouri. In 1985 she graduated from Carthage High School. She attended Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, and graduated in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts in English. Sonya attended law school at Western New England College School of law in Springfield, Massachusetts, earning her Juris Doctorate in 1993. During law school, Sonya was a member of the moot court trial competition team, and also interned with the New York State Office of the Attorney General. Sonya is married and has three children and she is very active in the community.
Sonya is a member of the Randolph County Bar Association, and the Missouri Bar. She is licensed to practice in all Missouri Courts.
- J.D., Western New England College School of Law, 1990-1993, Moot Court Trial Team, Student Honor Code Board
- B.A., English Language & Literature, Westminster College (MO), 1985-1989, Kappa Alpha Theta
- The Missouri Bar, Member Since 1993
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem, the Missouri Bar
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Deputy General Counsel, State of Missouri Department of Corrections, 1994-1998
- Judge Municipal Court City of Moberly, Municipal Judge, 14th Judicial Circuit Missouri, 1999-2008
- Attorney, Law Office of Sonya Faiella, 1998-2009
- Self-Employed Real Estate Manager & Ghostwriter for Legal Publications and Attorney Websites
- League of Women Voters, Member, January 2015
- St. Pius X Catholic School Board, 2008-2014
- Legal Research
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Family Law
- Child Advocacy