Ms. Carpenter is an attorney with the law firm of Gump & Faiella, LLC. As a Moberly personal injury attorney, Ms. Carpenter focuses her law practice on cases involving injuries, insurance coverage, wrongful death, premises liability, product liability, and worker’s compensation.
Ms. Carpenter grew up in Madison, Missouri. In 2001 she graduated from Madison High School with honors. She attended the University of Central Missouri and in 2005, graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from the Honors College. While studying at UCM, Ms. Carpenter was a McNair Scholar, a representative at the National Conference on Ethics in America held at WestPoint, received the UCM Student Leadership Award for three consecutive years, and represented UCM as an Alumni and Student Ambassador.
Ms. Carpenter earned her Juris Doctor in 2008 from the Law School at Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas. She served as Justice on the Executive Board of the Benson Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. Upon graduating from law school, Ms. Carpenter practiced law in Kansas before returning to the Moberly area and joining our firm.
- State of Missouri, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2010
- State of Kansas, 2008
- U.S. Federal District Court, District of Kansas, 2008
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas, 2008, J.D.
- University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Missouri, 2005, B.S.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, Women’s Law Association of Mid Missouri, 2011 – Present
- Committee Vice Chair, Missouri Bar Solo & Small Firm Conference, 2016 – Present
- Member, Missouri Bar Leadership Academy, 2011 – 2012
- Member, Missouri Bar, 2010 – Present
- Member, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, 2010 – Present
- Member, American Association for Justice, 2010 – Present
- Member, Kansas Bar, 2008 – 2010
- Member, American Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta, Law Fraternity International, 2005 – Present
- Assistant District Justice, District VII, Phi Alpha Delta, Law Fraternity International, 2008-2013
- Mentor, Washburn University School of Law Mentor Program, 2008 – 2010
- Member, Randolph County Bar Association, 2010-Present
- Member, American Association For Justice Women’s Forum
- Member, Missouri Bar Civil Practice Committee
- Member, Missouri Bar Subcommittee on Ethics, 2015 – Present
- Moderator, Missouri Bar Continuing Legal Education
- Communications Coordinator, Moberly Area Young Professionals, 2012-2015
- Missouri Tort Law 4th Edition, Chapter 8, Automobile Torts
- Co-Authored Civil Trial Practice, Chapter 4, 2013 Supplement
COMMUNITY SERVICE & PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Volunteer, Safe Passage Domestic Violence Crisis Intervention Services, 2014-Present
- Volunteer, Moberly Sesquicentennial Marketing Committee
- Guardian Ad Litem, Randolph County 2011-2012