Recovering fair compensation after a car accident often involves an uphill legal battle. Even if liability seems obvious, the insurance company will look for any possible excuse to deny or undervalue your claim. One small mistake, such as making a recorded statement or overlooking important evidence, could be all it takes to derail your case. The Missouri car accident attorneys at Gump & Faiella will guide you through the claims process, help you avoid costly oversights, and fight for the maximum payout possible.
Our personal injury lawyers are well-versed in the laws that govern car accident claims in Missouri. We take great pride in helping the injured recover the compensation they need to move on with life. Contact us, or call now at 800-264-3455 for a free initial consultation.
Read on to learn four reasons why you should hire a car accident attorney to represent your interests:
- Helps You Avoid Costly Mistakes
One misstep could be all it takes to compromise your claim. The injury attorneys at Gump & Faiella will help you avoid mistakes such as:
- Accepting a settlement before you know the full extent of your injuries;
- Accepting a low settlement that doesn’t account for non-economic and/or future damages;
- Overlooking important evidence to prove negligence, liability, and the value of your damages;
- Making a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster;
- Missing important deadlines;
- Not following your doctor’s prescribed treatment plan; and
- Publishing social media posts that would harm your claim.
- Gathers Evidence
For your claim to be successful, evidence must be shown to prove that the at-fault party’s negligence contributed to your injury. You will also need evidence to prove the value of your damages. An experienced lawyer will know the types of evidence to gather to strengthen your claim and will be able to arrange testimony from a medical expert witness, accident reconstruction expert, and financial expert if necessary.
- Calculates Your Damages
It is common for claimants who represent themselves to overlook certain types of damages, which often translates into a much lower monetary recovery. In addition to medical bills and lost wages, you may also be entitled to compensation for:
- Necessary home modifications;
- Loss of future earning capacity;
- Future medical care;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of quality of life; and
- Punitive damages.
- Shows the Insurance Company You’re Willing to Take the Case to Court
Claimants who represent themselves often are not willing to take their cases to court. Insurance companies are aware of this. Hiring a car accident attorney with litigation experience tells the insurance company that you are taking the claims process seriously, which might translate into a better settlement offer.
Discuss Your Case with a Missouri Car Accident Lawyer Today!
There are many law firms out there, but Gump & Faiella is in a league of its own. Our accident attorneys have the resources and determination to go up against even the largest insurance companies and corporations. We have recovered more than $250 million for our clients. We serve all of Missouri. We are happy to meet with you in our offices or at your home. To schedule a free case evaluation, call us today at 800-264-3455.